It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 366, 367, 368, 369, 370
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:33 am 

That is so cool! Glad to see you climbing the ladder. And just based on seeing you do projects on here, I would agree that you are supervisor material.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:00 pm 

Barinellos wrote:
I applied for a supervisor position, and I was the chosen applicant.
Prrrrrromotion!
And raises!

Congratulations!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:43 pm 

Identity: Male
Aaarrrgh wrote:
That is so cool! Glad to see you climbing the ladder. And just based on seeing you do projects on here, I would agree that you are supervisor material.

But watch out! Heights are dangerous! Still, it's better than beign under the ladder. Congrats!

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:47 am 

Hey, friendos! Unfortunately, I have been out-of-commission of late with kindey stones. :( This is really starting to feel like a bit of a lost summer, I'm afraid.

Good news is I'm feeling much better these last few days, and think I should be back up and at it soon!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:58 am 

Hey, friendos! Unfortunately, I have been out-of-commission of late with kindey stones. :( This is really starting to feel like a bit of a lost summer, I'm afraid.

Good news is I'm feeling much better these last few days, and think I should be back up and at it soon!

Oh, ouch! As someone who has gone through that himself, I can very much sympathize. I'm glad you're feeling better, and hopefully it will not be long before you're back to yourself completely!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:12 pm 

Happy birthday, TPmanW.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:38 pm 

Happy birthday, TPmanW.

Oh, wow, that's a thing!

Happy birthday!

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:13 pm 

Identity: Human
Happy birthday, TPman!

Hey all, I'm back!

So, about where I was. I went to Baltimore for a convention! I met the good Mr. ShadowOfCygnus, and gave him a physical copy of Wanted, which, if I can be forgiven for sharing, he told me beforehand was the thing he was looking forward to most during his time here. I actually spent long hours on Friday and Saturday with him, and believe it or not we have a LOT in common. It got eerie at points, honestly. But I had a helluva time (despite Baltimore being a rather dangerous place and hearing police sirens more often than I was comfortable with). Sorry I didn't tell you all right away, but I've learned that it's much more dangerous to be candid on social media about your comings and goings than it is to let our google overlords know where you are, even when they do send you creepy notification messages like, "rate this store you were just in".

Also I started reading Tevish's book on the plane trip over and almost couldn't put it down. I'm already 2/3 of the way through it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:53 pm 

Hey all, I'm back!

Nice to see you back!

Also I started reading Tevish's book on the plane trip over and almost couldn't put it down. I'm already 2/3 of the way through it.

I find that to be high praise :blush: I'm glad you're enjoying.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:20 pm 

Identity: Male
Thanks everybody!
I just got an ereader for my birthday, so that should make diving into the M:EM easier.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:34 pm 

Hey all!

I just finished Tevish's novel. It was...

[pause for dramatic effect]

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

Seriously. I know how often I go on about joining the Kleenex Club along with OL, but I was brought to tears at least three times, almost laughed out loud (would have, had I not been in a crowded airplane at the time), and felt more fulfilled by the finishing of the story than I have in a long time. Now, granted, I've spent a lot of time away from proper novel-sized written stories and been burned on less-than-professional stories besides, but there is no question that Tevish is an amazing author and deserves attention.

I'd like to say about the story, without spoiling anything, it's the kind of story which I would love to see more of, but which would be tarnished by the story continuing from where it ended. Everything is just so nicely wrapped up in such a way that there are no unanswered questions, no sub-plot left unexplored, so while there would be room to see how the characters go on to live their lives, revisiting the world and/or characters to thrust them into another adventure would, in my opinion, either lessen the trials they went through, or come off as the lesser adventure itself.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:06 pm 

Wow. I'm... very glad you enjoyed it! While I've responded to your PM, and we can talk more there, I did want to respond to one thing...
I'd like to say about the story, without spoiling anything, it's the kind of story which I would love to see more of, but which would be tarnished by the story continuing from where it ended. Everything is just so nicely wrapped up in such a way that there are no unanswered questions, no sub-plot left unexplored, so while there would be room to see how the characters go on to live their lives, revisiting the world and/or characters to thrust them into another adventure would, in my opinion, either lessen the trials they went through, or come off as the lesser adventure itself.

This response really made me glad. It's something I strive for, when working with a single larger story. So I'm glad it provided a sense of completeness, because I certainly wanted it to.

Thank you so much for reading!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:04 pm 

Oh, ouch! As someone who has gone through that himself, I can very much sympathize. I'm glad you're feeling better, and hopefully it will not be long before you're back to yourself completely!

Many thanks for the well-wishes! Yeah, this was a new experience for me, and, yikes, I have to say, I do not recommend!

In the grand scheme of things, I suppose that, of all the things to have go wrong with my body, I guess I could have done much worse, since, once the stones are done, they're done, and there's no lasting damage or anything. But, holy Christ, I was not prepared for that particular experience of going from feeling completely and totally fine at 9:00 PM to being prostrate on the floor and 100-percent convinced I was dying at 9:05 PM. I like to think I'll be able to handle the next one better -- if there is a next one, God forbid -- now that I at least understand the drill, and that it's not a sign of imminent death. (And, hey, on the plus side, I made my peace with God AND got to ride in an ambulance! So, hey, that's two things off my bucket list! :))

So, about where I was. I went to Baltimore for a convention! I met the good Mr. ShadowOfCygnus, and gave him a physical copy of Wanted, which, if I can be forgiven for sharing, he told me beforehand was the thing he was looking forward to most during his time here. I actually spent long hours on Friday and Saturday with him, and believe it or not we have a LOT in common.

That's so cool! I hope you were able to convey at least some fraction of my gratitude for the amazing things he's been doing! And I'm glad that you had such a great time!

Hey all!

I just finished Tevish's novel. It was...

[pause for dramatic effect]

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

That's awesome!

And, heck, Tevish, I have so much admiration for anyone who even attempts a novel, let alone finishes one. As someone with a drawer full of aborted attempts, I tip my cap to you! And I'm sure the book is wonderful!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:56 pm 

Hey all! It's been super busy for me lately! Also there's got to be something in the air down here in Texas, because I haven't slept well AT ALL since getting home from Baltimore.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 366, 367, 368, 369, 370