It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [M19-ICD] Take Vengeance
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:33 am 

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:51 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Why pay 4 mana for Vengeance when you can just spend 2 mana to take it yourself?

Another solid white removal spell (for limited) that doesn't work as well in aggressive decks.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:10 pm 

This honestly baffles me compared to the other badly watered down removal. Won't bump my P2A Vengeance from a certain deck, but other than that is a hilariously strict upgrade.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:20 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
This honestly baffles me compared to the other badly watered down removal. Won't bump my P2A Vengeance from a certain deck, but other than that is a hilariously strict upgrade.

Now I'm curious what the theme of this deck of yours is. Guns? Women kicking ass?

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:34 pm 

Now I'm curious what the theme of this deck of yours is. Guns? Women kicking ass?

It's the "Iron Town" entry in a pair of Princess Mononoke-themed duel decks, so you might say that both guns and women kicking ass would be reasonable subthemes.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:24 pm 

Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
this seems really strong

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:50 pm 

This is probably the reason they had to water down the other removal

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:10 pm 

Flopfoot wrote:
This is probably the reason they had to water down the other removal

Including the nonwhite stuff? That just bugs me, as does white's habit of coming out as actual king of creature destruction, well over black and red that have a compensating lack of ability to deal with other permanent types.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:21 pm 

Don’t worry guys, it only hits creatures with tap abilities and attackers without vigilance. And it has no sort of requirement for you to actually be injured by it. It’s perfectly in character for white.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:24 pm 

Don’t worry guys, it only hits creatures with tap abilities and attackers without vigilance. And it has no sort of requirement for you to actually be injured by it. It’s perfectly in character for white.

It hardly hits creatures with tap abilities - they can wait to use those abilities until your end step and you’ve missed your chance to cast a sorcery.

Swift Reckoning was good-ish because there were situations where it could be an instant. Murderous Compulsion, same story. As an always-sorcery? Sure it’ll get played in limited. But it’s still not great.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:32 am 

Identity: Male
Why pay 4 mana for Vengeance when you can just spend 2 mana to take it yourself?

Another solid white removal spell (for limited) that doesn't work as well in aggressive decks.

DIY is always cheaper.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post