It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:26 am 

I always saw a lot of White's life link as a morale boost of sorts, rather than actual life drain.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:49 pm 

MaRo commented on Jay Treat’s card bought the farm saying they’ve never done Oblivion Ring style effects on an emchamt land, but isn’t that what Chained to the Rocks is?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:41 am 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
Vega_Z27 wrote:
MaRo commented on Jay Treat’s card bought the farm saying they’ve never done Oblivion Ring style effects on an emchamt land, but isn’t that what Chained to the Rocks is?

yeah, I noticed that too, but like it's not really functionally an enchant land. mechanically that's how it works, but it doesn't actually do anything to that land so maybe MaRo's not counting it.

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:15 pm 

A quick and dirty attempt at challenge 1:
Spoiler

Also, judging design challenge #1, and revealing challenge #2.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:38 pm 

Huh, he's challenging them to make my circus-themed world! It's pretty hard to do, but I always loved the idea of a black-bordered set based around things like mini-games https://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18420&p=552054&hilit=clown#p552054

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:12 pm 

razorborne wrote:
Vega_Z27 wrote:

yeah, I noticed that too, but like it's not really functionally an enchant land. mechanically that's how it works, but it doesn't actually do anything to that land so maybe MaRo's not counting it.

:duel:
Nah, I think they just forgot.

"Ability words are flavor text for Melvins."

"Remember, dear friends: when we announce something and you imagine it, the odds that we made exactly that thing are zero."---Kelly Digges

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:59 pm 

They all forgot. MaRo admitted as much on his Tumblr when asked today.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:17 am 

A quick take on Challenge #2:
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:09 pm 

My take on Challenge #2:

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:27 pm 

Challenge #2 is in.

Also, I'ma going to cheat on challenge #3 for now, just 'cause I can. :p

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:41 pm 

The Circus Challenge: Where MaRo just can't get over how many contestants made Unicycle an equipment rather than a vehicle even though choose to use vehicle would have cost them their one non-evergreen mechanic slot.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:57 pm 

Given that it and Clown Car were on the list, Vehicles should have really just been allowed.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:02 am 

"I know you already used your non-Evergreen space on another ability and as a Unicycle isn't in any way enclosed so it wouldn't realistically or even fantastically offer protection to a thing piloting it or even be able to be said to be piloted, but why didn't you make it a Vehicle?" I like Mark well enough but that was a dumb critique. A unicycle is technically a Vehicle, yeah, but it's just a wheel.

Also yeah, right now Vehicles are more Evergreen than Prowess so it shouldn't've been a knock.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:00 pm 

GDS #3's Mechanic's challenge:

Didn't someone here design Ancestry already? I feel like that mechanic looks familiar.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:38 pm 

Hi! That was me ;) I did Bloodline and Lineage that would both show up in the same set. Bloodline would be a card that would exile a card from your graveyard as its ancestor, and Lineage would trigger from the graveyard, allowing any card to gain its bonus as an ancestor. You would be able to combine the two to have some really epic ancestry!

EDIT: Here's the link. It was neat, but felt overly complex at the time. I'd have to re-review some of it. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3827&hilit=lineage+ancestor+bloodine

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14