It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weird Bestow
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:23 am 

Identity: Goblin Piker
OK, here's one I thought of earlier:

You control a Bear Cub, a Walking Corpse, a Mycosynth Lattice, and a Chromanticore, which is Bestowed onto your Bear Cub.
You then cast Bludgeon Brawl. Your Chromanticore, being an Aura and not a creature, now has Equip X. What happens when I try to equip my Chromanticore to my Walking Corpse?

God, I hate Bestow.

Like this post

Post subject: Re: Rules Q&A
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:43 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
Bludgeon Brawl only affects artifacts, so I don't think it can hit creatures with bestow.

Edit: Missed the Lattice.

Edit: Since the wording on Bestow says that it becomes a creature again, I'd guess you could use the Equip cost to move it around.

~SE++

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio

Like this post

Post subject: Re: Rules Q&A
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:00 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Jman22 wrote:
OK, here's one I thought of earlier:

You control a Bear Cub, a Walking Corpse, a Mycosynth Lattice, and a Chromanticore, which is Bestowed onto your Bear Cub.
You then cast Bludgeon Brawl. Your Chromanticore, being an Aura and not a creature, now has Equip X. What happens when I try to equip my Chromanticore to my Walking Corpse?

God, I hate Bestow.

The Chromanticore will become unattached to the Bear Cub and attached to the Walking Corpse. The Corpse will then get +4/+4 and a bunch of abilities.

To explain the bestow part, a bestowed aura only turns into a creature when it stops being attached to anything. Bestowed auras can be moved without turning into creatures.

To explain the rest, read the Gatherer rulings for Bludgeon Brawl.

Quote:
6/1/2011: While Bludgeon Brawl is on the battlefield, an Aura enchantment that somehow becomes an artifact in addition to its other types will also become an Equipment. Any of its abilities that refer to either "enchanted creature" or "equipped creature" refer to the creature it's currently attached to. It can be attached to other creatures using its equip ability. If you try to attach the Aura Equipment to a creature it can't legally be attached to, it remains where it is. If the creature it's attached to becomes an illegal permanent for it to enchant, the Aura Equipment will be put into its owner's graveyard as a state-based action.

Like this post