It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:26 pm 

Vote no lynch

K, unless I remember why I wanted kod dead in the first place.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:40 pm 

Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
K, nobody got killed. You got 96 hours for day.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:26 pm 

Funfunfun.

I tried to investigate Dusky last night. I say tried because I got a 404 error. In other words, the investigation was not found.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:54 am 

Investigated myself: I'm cult aligned

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:14 am 

That is odd. Especially as I also investigated Dusky, and got a town result.

Still no kill... Do we assume that there is no scum kill at this point? If so, we could go for the safe strat and just not lynch anyone until everyone has investigated everyone else. But that would make it hard to maintain interest. Also, if scum solves it before town they can just start lying...

Man, bastard dethy is so weird. Like, I keep trying to solve based on the information I have, but I have no idea how much of it is trustworthy. I think I am slowly losing my mind here.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:17 am 

I haven't really received a cult result btw.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:29 am 

investigated HW and got scum

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:02 am 

I haven't really received a cult result btw.

False info, no matter how short, only hurts town.
I got a scum result on Rag.

So - Argh has gotten 2 town results (me and dusky)
Rag has gotten 2 scum (KoD and HW) and I've gotten 2 scum (KoD and Rag)

I could be paranoid or insane - if I'm insane, that clears both KoD and Rag.

Dusky? HW? Results?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:57 am 

no deaths probably means scum is naive or insane i guess

i guess ideally we should probably keep no-lynching until everyone's searched everyone and then start lynching naive/insane people

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:26 am 

Funfunfun.

I tried to investigate Dusky last night. I say tried because I got a 404 error. In other words, the investigation was not found.

Outrageous!
Jay, how could you lose my file?!

In other outrageous news, I investigated Neo. However, there was a strawberry jam stain on his file, rendering his alignment unreadable.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:46 am 

Notes: S = scum, T = town, and Player: D1 result, D2 result.

Rag: S, S (KoD, HW)
Neo: S, S (KoD, Rag)
Dusky: T, blank (KoD, Neo)
Argh: T, T (Neo, Dusky)
HW: T, blank (Neo, HW)
KoD: T, blank (Rag, Dusky)

Note on the blanks - For myself my result on Dusky was not found. For Dusky, jam obscured her result on Neo. For HW, he's just being difficult (though he has targeted himself from what he stated, just not given the result).

Dusky and my results are baffling if only because there are, obviously, other mechanics at work. The similarity between the two of us is our results. We both got town on our first targets, then we both had issues with our next investigations.

Outside of that, Rag and Neo are returning scum results so, as Neo stated, they are some combination of paranoid/insane. Argh is the opposite of the (he is either naive/sane). Interestingly enough, aside from Rag and Neo's first target, they've all investigated someone different.

A serious post from HW regarding his result would be appreciated.

Previous Post with results from everyone

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:09 pm 

Do we know for sure that there is only one scum? I have been assuming two, because I want to be prepared for worst case scenario. After all, of scum doesn't have a kill, a 4/2 split seems fair.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:29 pm 

Sorry for slowrolling, according to my real result, rag is scum.

Will think about what this means after playing some videogames, but I should be either sane or insane with either insane rag, naive dusk or a second insane scum protecting one of us.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:30 pm 

Edit, oh right my d1 was neo, not dusk, derp.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:33 pm 

if the rules in the game were written accurately, then two scum could potentially mean a day 1 LyLo, which is a little extreme

there isn't a lot we can assume about the setup though

there being one or two scum doesn't change what i see as the optimal route though

although i guess the 2 scum would be isolated, so day 1 would only really be pseudo-LyLo

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:51 pm 

There could be two scum. There could be one. Best assume two. Given the results D1, it is likely there are no sane scum, unless one of the scum results on me (from Neo or Rag) was from an insane scum (thereby protecting me from a sane scum Dusky).

@HW: Given your second post (where you recanted your cult result on yourself), you're also saying you didn't actually target yourself either then. I find this important since, as per the role pm I have, it doesn't say you can't target yourself for investigation. This is why I put the second target for HW as HW since I wasn't sure if he was joking about having actually targeted himself. The switch to a scum Rag result means HW is the only player in this game with town and scum results so he is either sane or insane, and the people he targeted would be the suspects (meaning Rag or Neo if he's to be believed about his second target as well as his result -- ie. he's not lying as scum himself due to having investigated himself, finding out his alignment, and playing around it).

There is a bit of paranoia when it comes to my perspective of HW which started off microscopic in concern (his whole counterwagon on me to combat Rag's vote, then later forgetting why he was voting me in the first place -- it wouldn't have looked well if he had been the sole person responsible for a lynch on a townie (if you assume I'm townie)). This paranoia of mine gets a tad worse if I overthink HW's posts in D2 (lying in his first post so others continue to post so he can get an idea of what he should post for his target and the result).

That having been said, if we reach a point where we don't get anywhere with investigations and decide to lynch someone, then I'd focus HW just on the above. However, if we take HW at face value, then we shouldn't reach that point (with investigations). With HW's investigation, we now have two people to focus on: Neo and Rag.

At a glance, only two other people have targeted Neo/Rag (myself and Dusky although technically Neo did target Rag and Argh targeted Neo, but Neo has turned up nothing but scum and Argh has turned up nothing but town so yeah).

My immediate suggestion would be for Rag to target Neo and for Argh to target Rag. If Argh is sane, he'll turn up Rag as scum. Otherwise Argh is truly naive. Likewise Rag's result on Neo should kick up a town result (if Rag is insane) or a scum result (reinforcing the paranoid sanity). Mind you these are based off of taking HW's stuff at face value and the fact, given his results, that he has to be sane or insane since he got two different results between Rag and Neo.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:07 pm 

As far as Neo goes, it just depends on Rag's alignment. HW's town alignment on Neo didn't kill Neo (nor did Argh kill Neo) so HW can't be sane scum. HW is either sane/insane town or insane scum.

1.) If HW is insane, then Neo would be paranoid since HW's result on Rag would indicate town. And Neo can't be paranoid scum as Neo would have poisoned me and I would have died, unless Rag is insane scum. So he's paranoid town or --

2.) If HW is sane town, then Neo would be paranoid town since I'm not dead from poison and Neo got a scum result on Rag today.

Huh, guess I ran myself into a wall or something, but it looks like Neo should be paranoid town. He can't be paranoid scum for sure as I would have died, unless Rag is insane scum.

Neo can't be insane since that would mean Rag is town, and in order for Rag to be town to HW, HW would have to be insane which makes Neo scum (due to a town result from HW). As I maintained earlier, Neo can't be paranoid scum.

So, for sure what I know from all of this is that Neo is paranoid town. He could potentially check this by investigating himself (unless JD confirms that is against the rules to investigate oneself).

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:53 pm 

Consequently, Rag can't be paranoid scum otherwise I'd be dead (since Neo is paranoid town). So Rag is either insane scum/town (not exclusive with paranoid scum Neo), or Rag is paranoid town.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:48 pm 

1.) If HW is insane, then Neo would be paranoid since HW's result on Rag would indicate town. And Neo can't be paranoid scum as Neo would have poisoned me and I would have died, unless Rag is insane scum. So he's paranoid town or --

2.) If HW is sane town, then Neo would be paranoid town since I'm not dead from poison and Neo got a scum result on Rag today.

Couldn't either of them still be naive scum? :confused:

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:55 pm 

Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Anybody that wants to roll the dice on investigating themselves and possibly dying because oops they're scum is more than welcome to.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next