It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:27 pm 

Identity: Male
Was your Spanish class taught by reverse nuns who forced you to use your unholy left hand?

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:55 pm 

Identity: Human
TPmanW wrote:
Was your Spanish class taught by reverse nuns who forced you to use your unholy left hand?

Aha! But you see, I am not left handed!

Sorry, I already had Princess Bride on my mind because, essentially, that scene where the Dread Pirate Roberts says he doesn't trust the word of a Spaniard because "[he's] known too many Spaniards" is always applicable to me. See, when I decided to take Spanish I didn't expect to be talked down to about how Spain does things so much better because they never switch their knives to their right hand. So, taking that as an offense, I decided to get back at the textbook by teaching myself to use my knife with my left hand.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:31 pm 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Do you follow blogs/channels/series of media for the explicit purpose of get better as a writer?

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:34 am 

Not at the moment. Writing is taking the backseat in my life right now. I would consider doing it in the future.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:34 am 

Which races do you think, at least in your own headcanon, are the oldest sapient races in the Multiverse?

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:39 pm 

The eldest race is no doubt in my mind the race that forms the core of the people of Equilor. They appear as spirits of a sort but they probably had familiar living forms at some point. Prior to the Bolas backstory, I would have said they were humanoids of a distant and unknown sort, a primordial prototype like the "Race of Gold" in Greek myth or any other sort of higher "First Men". I would have suggested the Elder Dragons to be their temporal equals. Now though? The Elder Dragons came into being when humans already had civilization, so I'd guess the People of Equilor to be human base. Perhaps, in their vast power and wisdom and given the untold ancientness of the plane they call home, they're responsible for a sort of panspermia that is why we seem to find familiar humans on far more planes than any other species. And perhaps they were still distinct... thinking about it, I'm remembering the relationship, in Doctor Who of the Time Lords to modern Earthlings (and the other perfectly human "aliens"). Thanks, Rassilon.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:44 pm 

The eldest race is no doubt in my mind the race that forms the core of the people of Equilor. They appear as spirits of a sort but they probably had familiar living forms at some point. Prior to the Bolas backstory, I would have said they were humanoids of a distant and unknown sort, a primordial prototype like the "Race of Gold" in Greek myth or any other sort of higher "First Men". I would have suggested the Elder Dragons to be their temporal equals. Now though? The Elder Dragons came into being when humans already had civilization, so I'd guess the People of Equilor to be human base. Perhaps, in their vast power and wisdom and given the untold ancientness of the plane they call home, they're responsible for a sort of panspermia that is why we seem to find familiar humans on far more planes than any other species. And perhaps they were still distinct... thinking about it, I'm remembering the relationship, in Doctor Who of the Time Lords to modern Earthlings (and the other perfectly human "aliens"). Thanks, Rassilon.

Well, "Ancient Equilor lies upon Time's furthest edge," oh, wait, I didn't mean to just start quoting myself there.

Anyway, I had thought of Equilor, and it seems like a good place to start. I wasn't sure if Planeswalker had identified the race of the people there, or not. It's been a long time since I've read that book.

Thanks, Tevish!

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35