It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 379  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:55 pm 

Kidlets are back in school! Which means I might get to the backlog of stories to comment on.

Okay, so I've actually read a bunch of things that I think are excellent, but I tense up at the thought of repeating something that's already been said, especially by me, which makes it nigh-impossible to post something simple like that. Grr.

Meanwhile, I spent some time in the woods writing out a couple of the scenes playing through my head, so those might appear here soon.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:08 am 

Brentain wrote:
Kidlets are back in school! Which means I might get to the backlog of stories to comment on.

Okay, so I've actually read a bunch of things that I think are excellent, but I tense up at the thought of repeating something that's already been said, especially by me, which makes it nigh-impossible to post something simple like that. Grr.

Don't worry. I repeat myself all the time.

All the time...

...I repeat myself...

...all the time.

So don't worry.

:paranoid:

Anyway, it's great to have you posting again!

Brentain wrote:
Meanwhile, I spent some time in the woods writing out a couple of the scenes playing through my head, so those might appear here soon.

Cool! I look forward to seeing them.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:51 am 

Identity: Zeke
Hello! I found this while doing a search about the old Terisia City forums back on the now obliterated WotC forums. Is this some sort of spiritual successor? Or at least, some link to that old locale?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:49 am 

Zeke wrote:
Hello! I found this while doing a search about the old Terisia City forums back on the now obliterated WotC forums. Is this some sort of spiritual successor? Or at least, some link to that old locale?

Hello, Zeke! Sadly, I can't answer your question about Terisia City because I am not familiar with it (I spent most of my time on the Old Boards around YMTC, Flavorand Storylines, and the M:EM), but I can tell you a little of what the M:EM is about.

The M:EM is essentially a community of creators and readers working in the same multiverse as MTG, but expanding on what MTG canon has done. We started around 2010, I believe, and create works based in Magic lore and philosophy, sometimes set on canon planes and sometimes not. Our primary medium is the short story, and we have dozens of them in the M:EM Archive, though we have other mediums as well, such as art, poetry, and even a novel! (Barinellos even created a recipe once, although I can't remember if we ever voted on it, and KeeperofManyNames used to threaten us with promise us an interpretive dance).

The M:EM prides itself on quality control, and so every work created is voted on by the M:EMbers. We do this to ensure that everything we Archive is well-written (or composed), and fits with canon information, both MTG's canon and our own. Anybody can post here, though; the voting is only for Archived works.

If you are at all interested in reading some high quality MTG fanfiction, I recommend checking out the Arcs and Triumphs thread, where some of the long-running story arcs are listed, as well as some of our suggests for places to start for people who are new to the project.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:48 pm 

Identity: Human
Barinellos wrote:
So, how's everyone's life going?
Because I'm tired as hell.

Ditto.

Brentain wrote:

All the time...

...I repeat myself...

...all the time.

So don't worry.

What Raven said. Don't worry about repeating what's already said. Firstly, ANY feedback is still useful and oftentimes desired by creators even if it is a string of "well I liked it". Speaking personally, I'd say if you share the opinion of what worked and what didn't with someone else, it's even MORE important to voice them, because if you don't it might seem like just a fluke where one person with a contrarian opinion found something to like or dislike, rather than it be something you as an author/creator did right or wrong.

Zeke wrote:

Welcome, Zeke! Raven put it pretty well already, but still, don't be afraid to start posting around here if Magic fiction is your thing. We've even got a small number of art and even songs in our Archive.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:30 pm 

Zeke wrote:

Terisia City... now there's a name I've not heard in a long time.

The answer is sort of. Like Terisia, the M:EM was an outgrowth of Flavor and Storylines largely focused on creating our own stories and lore set in the Multiverse. Unlike Terisia, the M:EM is focused on short story fiction (primarily: we also have other formats), rather than role-playing. I think I might be the only cross-over member, though I was more involved in the early years of Terisia. But there's at least one link! Shadow's Bar, at least in some form, technically exists in the M:EM!

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:02 am 

Identity: Male
Our primary medium is the short story, and we have dozens of them in the M:EM Archive, though we have other mediums as well, such as art, poetry, and even a novel! (Barinellos even created a recipe once, although I can't remember if we ever voted on it, and KeeperofManyNames used to threaten us with promise us an interpretive dance).

You forgot music. Unless you include it under "art" which seems like a cop out. Man, visual art's got a monopoly on the term doesn't it?

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:54 am 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
TPmanW wrote:
Man, visual art's got a monopoly on the term doesn't it?

this is a constant source of frustration in my life.

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:20 am 

TPmanW wrote:
Our primary medium is the short story, and we have dozens of them in the M:EM Archive, though we have other mediums as well, such as art, poetry, and even a novel! (Barinellos even created a recipe once, although I can't remember if we ever voted on it, and KeeperofManyNames used to threaten us with promise us an interpretive dance).

You forgot music. Unless you include it under "art" which seems like a cop out. Man, visual art's got a monopoly on the term doesn't it?

I did say "such as." I wasn't going for a complete list. But yes, we do have some very excellent music in the Archive, primarily (if not entirely) by the very excellent razorborne.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:14 am 

razorborne wrote:
TPmanW wrote:

I thought you might appreciate that.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:24 pm 

TPmanW wrote:
razorborne wrote:
TPmanW wrote:

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:35 am 

Could Fisco ever be represented as a mon black card? Would you have to justify it by depicting him on a black mood?

TPmanW wrote:
razorborne wrote:

Spoiler

The culinary arts unfortunately, are not shared well across even high bandwidth connections. We'd have to settle for instructions and alas, I don't think there are any M:EM recipes. Just have to wait on those flapJackies (De Cour).

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:03 am 

TPmanW wrote:
The culinary arts unfortunately, are not shared well across even high bandwidth connections. We'd have to settle for instructions and alas, I don't think there are any M:EM recipes. Just have to wait on those flapJackies (De Cour).

You would be wrong.
I've done a number of recipes of the Underworld Cookbook.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:04 am 

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:46 pm 

Brentain wrote:

All the time...

...I repeat myself...

...all the time.

So don't worry.

What Raven said. Don't worry about repeating what's already said.

What Luna said. Don't worry about repeating what's already said.

:D

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:51 am 

All the time...

...I repeat myself...

...all the time.

So don't worry.

What Raven said. Don't worry about repeating what's already said.

What Luna said. Don't worry about repeating what's already said.

:D

What OL said. Don't worry about repeating what's already said.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:30 pm 

I love you guys.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:09 pm 

I love you guys.

I love you guys.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:19 pm 

I love you guys.

I love you guys.

I love you guys.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:08 pm 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Aaarrrgh wrote:
I love you guys.

I love you guys.

I love you guys.

I love you guys.

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 379  Next