It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 357, 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363 ... 374  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:01 am 

Identity: Human
Barinellos wrote:
... the oddity of encountering So Long and Thanks for all the Fish in multiple places over the course of the day is among the most peculiar in my life.

It is a strangely appropriate song for the present times.

I heard about a volcanic eruption in Indonesia last night. How's everyone doing? I think CKY would be the closest one of us to there; anyone know if he's alright? I don't know if the eruption was particularly explosive or not, but judging by the ash cloud I saw in a video... It doesn't look good.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:59 pm 

So, today I went to have a very relaxed, no pressure interview to get on the local substitute teacher index. It was cool, my first real job interview, more or less. Granted, they really need more substitutes, so they'll pretty much take anyone without a criminal record. In fact, they need substitutes so much that they called me back after three hours to let me know they need someone to take a sixth grade for the rest of the week. So I start tomorrow. What did you do today?

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:22 pm 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
So, today I went to have a very relaxed, no pressure interview to get on the local substitute teacher index. It was cool, my first real job interview, more or less. Granted, they really need more substitutes, so they'll pretty much take anyone without a criminal record. In fact, they need substitutes so much that they called me back after three hours to let me know they need someone to take a sixth grade for the rest of the week. So I start tomorrow. What did you do today?

Well, I definitely didn't hire this new guy to be a substitute teacher, if that's what you're thinking.

No, seriously, I didn't. But that would be a weird coincidence, huh?

Congratulations, Aaarrrgh! I hope you enjoy it!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:44 pm 

I've done nothing today.
Which is precisely what I intended since I've been working a lot more. Had to do inventory yesterday, which only bothers me very slightly in counting the damn food service boxes since I don't work that station.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:27 pm 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
What did you do today?

I went to work. I used Goblin Punch's character generator to flesh out the past of a character I'm running in a friend's upcoming game. I nearly fell asleep. I'm still at work. I expect it to be a 10-hour day.

Oh, and I learned that we're complaining that Germany isn't making enough tanks now.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:03 pm 

Oh, and I learned that we're complaining that Germany isn't making enough tanks now.

Sort of a "tanks but no. tanks" kind of thing...

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:57 am 

Identity: Male
Had some good D&D tonight. My character is a the tarrasque (I've heard it called D&D's answer to Godzilla) bound into the form of a brownie (the wee folk, not the desert). Posing as an entertainer for "my lord" I got dragged along to a tailor's. I asked for a funny hat and was directed to the jester caps and novelty animal head mascot type... headwear items. A lucky roll meant they had one of the Tarrasque. My brownie's never been so happy, because now he can be who he truly is, if only for a moment.
Also I got a ton of exotic animals at the auction and plan to devour them and gain their powers as per my custom class. The stained glass creature, horned lightning serpent and blood ape more than make up for my failure to obtain a stegosaurus. Additionally, in my DM's world dragons mate with everything (like Zeus) and I was able to pick up 20 semi-dragon animals at bargain basement prices. One was a hamster. apparently I need a lucky roll to get dragon abilities, but that's a lottery I'm willing to play.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:51 am 

TPmanW wrote:
Had some good D&D tonight. My character is a the tarrasque (I've heard it called D&D's answer to Godzilla) bound into the form of a brownie (the wee folk, not the desert).

I can only imagine now someone trying to roleplaying as the entire Saraha.
"I cast Oasis on my allies."

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:42 pm 

TPmanW wrote:
Had some good D&D tonight. My character is a the tarrasque (I've heard it called D&D's answer to Godzilla) bound into the form of a brownie (the wee folk, not the desert).

... Because maybe, it's gonna be the spell that saves me.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:54 pm 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
TPmanW wrote:

... Because maybe, it's gonna be the spell that saves me.

Because after all, my allie's a waterfall

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:22 pm 

I love you guys.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:26 pm 

Some kind of animist campaign where you play as geographic features should be doable. Travel's an issue that needs solving though.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:17 pm 

Anyways, here's "Wonderwall."

:D

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:16 am 

I madea Wonderwall card once. It Polymorphed whatever it blocked.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:25 pm 

s'been seriously slow around here lately.
How's everyone doing?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:07 pm 

Barinellos wrote:
How's everyone doing?

I've been alright. Busy at work, as per usual. Really looking forward to Spring Break and getting some time off.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:43 am 

I'm preparing for the Swedish equivalent of the SATs, and figuring out how to make life work with me working an irregular schedule, the wife starting to take Swedish classes, and waiting for open spots for the kids at a preschool. So my mental capital for other things is currently limited.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:05 am 

If anybody's into old school RPGs I'd recommend Deep Carbon Observatory. It's a module where you get to fight giant platypi, turbine golems and massive, bloated toads that split open to reveal human corpses. It's all set in motion by a dam failure, and the coolest piece of treasure just might be an evil book on psychology.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:46 am 

Barinellos wrote:
How's everyone doing?

I've been kind of scattered. Partly it's lack of sleep these last two weeks, which has wrecked the creative flow I had just before these storms rolled in; and partly it's because I've gotten into one and a half TTRPGs -- one which a friend is running when we hang out at his place every weekend, and one which another friend is supposed to be running online but which is being held up by one of the players not completing his character. The second game is Pathfinder, which while I more and more dislike the d20 system, I can't help but get sucked into due to the sheer amount of customization available from first-party sources alone. A lot of my free time this week has been spent building three different characters (one of which, Roze Rannor, I posted the backstory for, and all three of which have somehow turned out female).

That and normal meatspace things, like planning a trip out to Las Vegas to visit family for the first time in like 3 years.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:06 pm 

I'm around. I've largely been working on non-M:EM related writing projects, hence a good deal of the radio silence over here. Been good, though, and while I don't want to divert my attention until I get through this, I do have some M:EM thoughts in the pipeline.

On the subject of outside-M:EM writing, would anyone be interested in functioning as a test audience? Either for the novel I'm working on now or the major project my wife and I have been working on (intending to put forward as a web serial; we tried once before but ran up against "we really need to 100% finish before we start posting)? I feel like I can trust anyone here to give me honest opinions.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 357, 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363 ... 374  Next