It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:50 pm 

@The Promise: Like most good Nasperge stories, what this story doesn't say is as important, or perhaps far more important, than what it does. There are some very intriguing questions here. What is the Promise? And was it made to Moira before she touched the mirror, or to Moira's reflection afterward? What was it he was trying to learn, and why is it of interest to Moira's reflection? And, of course, is it even Moira's reflection?!? Her name, after all, never appears in the story. Is there something deeper going on here? Nasperge, notoriously, keeps most of his secrets to himself, and I can't help but feel this is one of them. The secret to a good magic trick is to show the audience one thing while, in fact, something else entirely is going on. Are we, the readers, in Nasperge's audience here?

Hmm.

Thanks for posting this thought-provoking piece, Orcish!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:28 pm 

Hey, friends. :)

Today was spent with family, so I don't have a new story for this week's TNSC. But, rather than post nothing, I'd like to re-share this little holiday piece from a few years back.

Best wishes to you all!

The Present

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:13 pm 

Hey, friends!

So, having given this a lot of thought over the past couple weeks, I've come to the decision that Tuesday Night Story Club is going on indefinite hiatus. There were a couple of factors which fed into that choice.

First of all, from a purely practical perspective, TNSC used to be synced-up with my work schedule, since Tuesdays I was out of the office, and I could use that time to write. But my schedule has become significantly less predictable of late, and I don't have that consistent block of writing time anymore, which has thrown a bit of a spanner into the works.

But, beyond that, from a less tangible perspective, as the holidays came and went, and the new year sort of crept upon me, I found that I just couldn't seem to gin myself up to write each Tuesday the way I did for the better part of last year. And I think those two developments are actually related. For a while, there, at the end, I think the desire to never miss a Tuesday was what was keeping me going, and, haven fallen off that horse, I found it to be much, much harder to get back on than I'd anticipated. More than that, though, I sort of came to realize that TNSC was something which I sort of concocted for myself last year because it addressed a very specific problem I was having at the time, and, standing on the cusp of 2018, it sort of felt like an experiment which had run its course. It's a new year, and I think I want to try some new things.

I'm not sure just what they are, yet, but I'm hoping they'll be as much fun as TNSC was. :)

Anyway, I want to say thank you again to everyone who came along with this ride for me, and the fact that so many people read these little spur-of-the-moment stories and seemed to enjoy them has never once ceased to amaze me. And, while it's not my intention to put any of these pieces into the Archive, what I think I will do in the next few weeks is at least group them into a couple of posts in a separate thread, so that they're easy to find without having to wade through this whole thread. It'll be a kind of "here's what OL wrote in 2017" retrospective.

And I'm not planning to just abandon some of the unfinished serials here. I very much intend to complete "Red Sky" sooner or later, for one, and it'll be nice to be able to play with some of the ideas which surfaced here in a less-restrictive format.

But that's all a very long way of saying thanks again for reading, and all the kind words, and I hope you all enjoyed TNSC, because I know that I did. :D

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:16 pm 

So, having given this a lot of thought over the past couple weeks, I've come to the decision that Tuesday Night Story Club is going on indefinite hiatus. There were a couple of factors which fed into that choice.

Perfectly understandable! Thank you for so many weeks of really good stories!

But that's all a very long way of saying thanks again for reading, and all the kind words, and I hope you all enjoyed TNSC, because I know that I did. :D

I did indeed!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:01 am 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
I understand completely. It's been great to have this incredibly regular (for my perspective, at least) production in the last year, I'm glad it worked out well for you, and I look forward to your next piece of awesome. Thank you!

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10