It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5706 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269 ... 286  Next
 Post subject: Re: Uncharted Realms
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:58 pm 

BlackAion wrote:
I feel the upcoming "Siege of Ravnica" arc is gonna be one of those arcs where some of main characters get killed* off. Which is honestly fine by me as I feel that a lot of planeswalkers, especially the gatewatch, dont have much going for them combat-wise**. I feel like this arc will force them to get good or die trying.

*No I dont think they gonna kill off Nissa because 1. They have yet to make another mono-green non-human planeswalker. 2. A good narrative kills off characters we care about. Most Old time Vorthosians-which makes up most of us-dont give a damn about Nissa and Wizards knows we dont.

we can dream though...

Quote:
**It maybe because I watch too much shounen anime or perhaps Legends Cycle 2 books showed me "shounen"-like behavior was possible. Either way, I have come to the conclusion that most planeswalkers are not combat-effective when it comes to long-term conflicts. Lets look at Jace for example, he would be an excellent support mage, capable of disrupting the line of command and causing any battle to shift in his commander's favor. This is assuming that everything else is equal or decidely in his sides favor. Any situation that requires him to fight on the front lines is a situation that has gone "FUBAR"
Actually, Jace is probably a bad example. He had passable weapons training with Kallist and his suite could really stand to support good feints. In a larger conflict, it's a different story, but there again, if wizards remembers you fight with freaking creatures then he can hold his own.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:50 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: Him
I dont know...I have played enough Total War: Warhammer to know that a battle is a fluid thing, and any good army will take care of war beasts (Hydras, Dragons etc.) and monstrous infantry (Leonin, Ogres, Giants etc.) FIRST. If you dont your looking at FUBAR. If your troops dont rout your looking at a Pyrrhic Victory.

I never implied Jace was combat-effective. Jace has his uses but not in combat. Of the Gatewatch, only Gideon and Nissa are combat effective, the former only because he's indestructible. Chandra while destructive is easy to deal with as Balar as shown. Liliana's powers are as likely to hurt her as it is to hurt anything else. Jace is well...Jace. Only Nissa is truly combat-effective which is another reason why I think she will survive the next arc.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:54 am 
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
YMtC Idol Winner

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2018-02-14

the sun empire wins the war by virtue of literally no-one else showing up
hooray

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 pm 

Identity: Goblin Piker
So.

They are going to start next week with "Gideon and Jace: Sky Pirates" right?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:43 pm 

Jman22 wrote:
So.

They are going to start next week with "Gideon and Jace: Sky Pirates" right?
They are not. The Dominaria story takes place right after Hour of Devastation and will be a Liliana/Gideon buddy cop story about them going after Liliana's last demon while meeting up with all the old faces of Magic's past. This bit of story with Jace will likely be when they all meet up at the end of the Dominaria storyline.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:51 pm 

Just like the last Story entry... straight to the point but feels a bit lacking.

- And Huatli goes indeed to Kaladesh... auuuuugh.

Like, seriously, I cannot wait for someone from Creative to just go ham and say, "Post-Mending, all these planes we've created are in one Galaxy, like, Sun to Pluto apart~! Screw a YUGE Multiverse etc."

- And how convenient, a paragraph next and Huatli meets Saheeli... Convenience Strikes Agaaaaaaiiiin~!

Like, is there some sort of cosmic being in the Post-Mending MTG lore orchestrating this "RuPaul's Neowalker Friendship Race" of sorts?

- This is new to me... you can thether into a memory of a walker to Planeswalk to him/her better?

I've missed a couple of post-Mending Story entries, and a lot of the pre-Mending books so I don't know if this "tech" has already been established in lore.

- And GIDEON~! <3
My bara baby is back up to his feet~! What a Valentines gift~!

And he has made contact with Jaya... hmmmn, talk about establishing a link to Dominaria already.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:03 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: Him
I am now on the dominaria Hype train. I hope we get to see Jodah too.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:13 pm 

I will be happy if we never see Angrath again, because I have enjoyed every second of his screen time and don't want to see this ending torn away from him.

Also, if Jace is being welcomed aboard the Victory, I will be quite happy

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:06 pm 

It's definitely
Spoiler

On another note, my favorite thing is when characters I like meet other characters I like or visit settings I like. That was also a very good ending for Angrath, and just about the worst ending for the continent of Ixalan. Maybe the Vampires winning could have been just as bad.

Also I really wanted it to be the pirates.

"Ability words are flavor text for Melvins."

"Remember, dear friends: when we announce something and you imagine it, the odds that we made exactly that thing are zero."---Kelly Digges

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:22 pm 

Quote:
burning-angrath asked:
Should we expect the story to begin in the late or early parts of March? I would expect late since Dominaria actually releases in April.

dougbeyermtg
First episode goes live March 14th!

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:00 pm 

I liked the pirates, but the more I thought about it the less I wanted them to have control of a city in a jungle. The High and Dry is a much cooler place for them to live.

It sounds like the story of Dominaria will take place during the events of Ixalan which is something I have been wanting since the changed to 2 blocks per year.

Like this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:18 pm 

I think Vampires gaining control would have been good for the continent.

Elenda would have taken over the Church, they would have melded into the Sun Empire, and then they would all invade Torrezon because the Queen over there just can't handle the idea that Elenda isn't on their team.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:48 pm 

No Apatzec, you are the demons!

My Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/Carliro

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:33 am 

The best thing to come out of the Huatli and Saheeli friendship will hopefully be robot dinosaurs on the return to Kaladesh. Which is probably the only reason I’d even want to see that plane again.

@Moppi- on the tethering to a memory thing, it’s kind of happened before. In one of the novels I think it’s Jace that tracks Chandra this way when he’s trying to retrieve the scroll with the ghost fire spell from her and says her spark shines like fire in the blind eternities. Im paraphrasing and stuff a bit here but I remember it being a bit like the way they describe him tracking Gideon in this story. But I also haven’t read the books in a while. Maybe someone can correct me or confirm.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:15 am 

Yurgh... I'm just amazingly irritated at Saheeli's appearance, and I bloody adore her, so that speaks volumes on my part. I dunno, maybe I could live with it if she had her own Project Lightning Bug, but otherwise...

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:25 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: He/him/his
My first reaction when the Emperor announced he was going to invade Torrezon was "I'm sorry, WUT?" Honestly, you haven't even conquered your own continent and have both the remaining River Heralds and the pirates you're still ostensibly at war with sitting near your home base. So you want to take the fight to a foreign empire when you were struggling to expel them from your own soil? Also, don't these twits rely on dinosaurs native to their continent to fight? What if there are none left on Torrezon? How do you plan to ship buckets of raptors over the sea? Won't the pirates be like "LOL THEY'RE ON OUR TURF NOW!" and raid and harass the ships? The empire has never really struck me as a strong naval force. It just seemed like such a stupid and pointless decision.

That Huatli just stumbled on Saheeli was super irritating too. Ghirapur is a big city and they just both happen to be at the same location?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:28 am 

Empyreal wrote:
My first reaction when the Emperor announced he was going to invade Torrezon was "I'm sorry, WUT?" Honestly, you haven't even conquered your own continent and have both the remaining River Heralds and the pirates you're still ostensibly at war with sitting near your home base. So you want to take the fight to a foreign empire when you were struggling to expel them from your own soil? Also, don't these twits rely on dinosaurs native to their continent to fight? What if there are none left on Torrezon? How do you plan to ship buckets of raptors over the sea? Won't the pirates be like "LOL THEY'RE ON OUR TURF NOW!" and raid and harass the ships? The empire has never really struck me as a strong naval force. It just seemed like such a stupid and pointless decision.

I tolerate Apatzec's decision so that I can see his greedy smug-arse be SLAYED by Saint Queen Elenda. :V

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:08 am 

Empyreal wrote:
That Huatli just stumbled on Saheeli was super irritating too. Ghirapur is a big city and they just both happen to be at the same location?

Huatli was there because she asked a shopkeeper to point her to the most exciting thing to see. If that exhibition really was a major event then it makes sense for them both to be there.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:30 am 

Moppi wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

I tolerate Apatzec's decision so that I can see his greedy smug-arse be SLAYED by Saint Queen Elenda. :V

I want to believe, but something tells me that by the time we return to Ixalan, Miralda & Vona will have rubbed out Elenda and declared an Age of Everflowing Blood where vampires no longer fast nor drink only from the condemned but wantonly consume everything with a pulse.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:16 am 

Moppi wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

I want to believe, but something tells me that by the time we return to Ixalan, Miralda & Vona will have rubbed out Elenda and declared an Age of Everflowing Blood where vampires no longer fast nor drink only from the condemned but wantonly consume everything with a pulse.

This would make me unreasonably angry.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5706 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269 ... 286  Next